FACING OFF IN MORTAL KOMBAT is the 3rd episode of Game Bang on Smosh Games. Ian, Anthony, Jovenshire, Sohinki, and Lasercorn duel in Mortal Kombat (2011) and the loser gets fatalitied by the winner. It was released on October 12, 2012.
"Who blocks in a Mortal Kombat game? That's when you know you play too much Mortal Kombat is when you actually block."
The stakes couldn't be higher as the gang gathers for some Mortal Kombat with a horrific fatality in store for the loser!
Ian, Anthony, Lasercorn, Sohinki, and Jovenshire fight each other in Mortal Kombat. Whoever ends up with the most losses at the end suffers the punishment.
- Jovenshire (Sub-Zero (MK3 outfit)) vs. Ian (Mileena)
- Lasercorn (Cyber Sub-Zero) vs. Anthony (Kung Lao)
Victors: Jovenshire and Lasercorn
- Sohinki (Stryker) vs. Ian (Sheeva)
- Jovenshire (Freddy Krueger (zombie mode)) vs. Lasercorn (Nightwolf (zombie mode))
Victor: Sohinki (both times)
- Sohinki (Kitana) vs. Anthony (Kabal)
- Lasercorn (Sonya) vs. Ian (Smoke)
Victors: Sohinki and Lasercorn
- Jovenshire (Jax (zombie mode)) vs. Anthony (Kenshi (zombie mode))
- Sohinki (Sindel) vs. Lasercorn (Skarlet)
Victors: Jovenshire and Sohinki
- Anthony (Cyrax) vs. Ian (Johnny Cage)
- Jovenshire (Kung Lao) vs. Sohinki (Baraka)
Results: Anthony and Sohinki
The ultimate winner gets to perform a fatality on the ultimate loser, using green screen and special effects. Sohinki ended up uppercutting Ian's face, similar to one of the fatalities.
Game Bang Achievements
|PERFECT JOVENSHIRE IMPRESSION
|MAKE A WISH KID
||Sohinki and Lasercorn
Jovenshire vs. Ian cue card
Lasercorn vs. Anthony cue card
Jovenshire vs. Lasercorn cue card
Sohinki vs. Anthony cue card
Lasercorn vs. Ian cue card
Jovenshire vs. Anthony cue card
Sohinki vs. Lasercorn cue card
Jovenshire vs. Sohinki cue card
- Sometime after August 2017, this episode's name was changed for unknown reasons.
- The player-vs.-player cue cards are in the same style as the ones in the game.
- Sohinki is wearing a Mortal Kombat shirt while playing Mortal Kombat.
- Jovenshire predicted that Ian was going to receive the punishment, and was correct.
- However, Sohinki and Lasercorn were pointing at Jovenshire, thinking that he was going to lose.
- It was never explained why Mari was absent for this Game Bang.
- The censored effects weren't used, therefore some curse words can be heard in the Game Bang.
- Kung Lao was used twice, by Jovenshire and Anthony. The rest of the characters were used once.
- It is one of three rare occasions where the punishment isn't physical. It's generated with special effects (The second one happens in We've Got Worms, as well as Kombat Begins in Mortal Kombat X, that happens much later).
- This is the most viewed Game Bang, with over 10 million views. It is also Smosh Games 4th most viewed video overall.
|Previous Video |
|FACING OFF IN MORTAL KOMBAT
||Next Video |
Smosh Bros Brawl!