|REJECTED MARIO GAMES|
"REJECTED MARIO GAMES" is a Smosh video uploaded on June 8, 2012.
Over the years, Mario has starred in hundreds of games, even ones that don't make sense, like Dr. Mario and Mario Teaches Typing. But there were dozens of far stupider Mario games that never made it to store shelves. These are the Rejected Mario Games.
Mario Weight Loss Adventures
Mario (played by Anthony) is leaning over the toilet forcing his finger down his throat, trying to throw up. A window to the left of him says, "Press A to induce vomiting." A window to his right counts down the time until prom. Mario complains that he can't go to the prom, with Princess Peach (played by Melissa Melancon) looking the way he is, so he tries to force himself to vomit again.
Mario Tax Returns
Luigi (played by Ian) is pushing buttons on a calculator when Mario asks if Yoshi is considered a dependent since he depends on Mario and will run off a cliff and kill himself if Mario jumps off his back. Luigi says, "Meh. I guess that-a counts. Now get outta here." Mario and Yoshi then leave the building and Mario gets off of Yoshi's back to tell him the good news. However, Yoshi runs off the cliff and ends up killing himself in an explosion.
Mario comes in Peach's bedroom and he asks her if she needs some "pipes cleaned." Later, Mario is seen doing humping motions, then the camera zooms out to show that he was using a pipe cleaner to clean a small pipe.
The Sims Mushroom Kingdom Edition
Mario is swimming inside a pool, panicking that the ladder has been removed and that he can't get out. Wario (also played by Anthony) is shown to be playing the game, shouting, "Ha ha ha! I'm-a gonna win-a!".
Mario is typing very slowly and looking bored, when an announcer on his computer says, "Congratulations! You placed first at giving up at life," and Mario said "All right."
Mario searches the mansion with his flashlight before saying, "This game-a sucks! Give it to-a Luigi!" Mario then throws the flashlight on the ground, then leaves.
Mario is staring forward, looking aroused as he supposedly watches Peach do yoga. However, the camera zooms out and reveals that Peach is behind him and Mario is really staring at Luigi's butt. Luigi notices this and becomes shocked.
Mario Teaches Walking
Mario is walking, one leg a time, while a window tells the player to tap the A button to move the left leg and the B button to move the right.
Mario is looking in a mirror while wearing Peach's dress and he says, "I don't look-a half bad."
Mario Kart DMV Edition
Mario is waiting in line at the Department of Motor Vehicles, looking impatient. A window reads, "Press A to wait." In the real world, Ian (the player) is repeatedly pressing the A button. 4 hours later, Mario finally gets to the front desk and tells the receptionist (played by Ian dressed as a woman) that he wants to register his kart. However, the receptionist says, "Registrations are in that line." and she points to an even longer line. In the real world, Ian throws his controller in the ground and says, "You know what?! F**k this! F**k this stupid f**king game!!"
Alternate Scene #1
The receptionist says to Mario, "Sorry, hon. Registrations is in the other line." So Mario curses at her and spits on her desk.
Alternate Scene #2
Mario wants a diagnosis for his pregnancy, but the receptionist tells Mario that the place isn't a pregnancy department.
- In Mario Kart DMV Edition, the window telling Ian to tap A has the A button looking like the button on the Wii Remote, but Ian is pressing the A button on a Nintendo 64 controller.
- Mario's traits in The Sims are: Brave, athletic, diva, sex offender, and doesn't like children. His favorite music is Hip Hop. Favorite food is spaghetti. And favorite color is Pink. Full name is: Super Mario, and his lifetime wish is to be the CEO of a Mega Corporation (Nintendo?).
- The box art for the then upcoming New Super Mario Bros. 2 for 3DS, revealed at E3 the same week this video was uploaded, is on the screen during the introduction.
- The DMV Lady tells Mario that the registrations is in the other line, but she asked a customer for his registration.
- In Mario's cubicle in Mario Office, behind his head is a diamond sign saying "THIS IS A STUPID YELLOW SIGN!". In the top left corner is a picture of Peach with big boobs.
- "THIS IS A STUPID YELLOW SIGN!" was also a scene at the end of Attention: Facebook Users.
- After Mario dislikes the Mario's Mansion game, he says to give it to Luigi. Luigi's Mansion is an actual GameCube game released in 2001. Its sequel Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon came out on March 24, 2013.
- The following games were seen in the introduction:
- Super Mario Bros. NES
- Super Mario Bros. 3 NES
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins GameBoy
- Super Mario World SNES
- Super Mario Sunshine GCN
- Super Mario 64 N64
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 3DS
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 Wii
- Mario Kart: Double Dash GCN
- Mario Party 2 N64
- Super Mario 3D Land 3DS
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars SNES
- Paper Mario N64
- Mario Pinball Land GBA
- Mario Hoops 3-on-3 DS
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Wii
- Mario's Time Machine DOS
- Dr. Mario NES
- Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix GCN
- Mario Teaches Typing DOS
- Mario's Picross GB
- Mario Clash VB
- Hotel Mario CD-I
- The screen when Mario gets out of the castle riding on Yoshi has the graphics similar to Super Mario World.
- This is Mario and Princess Peach's second appearance; their first one was in "If Video Games Were Real."
- This is the second video to reference bulimia, as Mario is making himself throw up in the Mario's Weight Loss sketch, the first being "REJECTED VIDEOS!".
- The intro music is similar to the ghost houses and towers in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
- One of the music pieces for the video was based on a Facebook post asking people what they think was the most annoying Mario music piece (besides Game Over themes).
- There is a error with Yoshi, in which if you get off Yoshi he will stay in place. He only runs if you are hit.
Shut Up! Opening
- "*Super Mario Bros. Castle music* SHUT UP!"
- "Click the subscribe button to get an extra life! But I guess you don't need to worry about that if you're a cat because you already got 9 lives. Get it? I just joked about lives... you know what!? If you're not gonna laugh at my funny jokes, I'm just gonna go jump off this ledge! *Mario death jingle*"