Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg, better known as PewDiePie, PewDie, Pewds and Poods (born October 24, 1989) is a Swedish YouTuber and video game commentator popularized by his horror-themed and Let's Play videos on YouTube. He currently has the most subscribed channel on YouTube with over 56 million subscribers, holding that record for over 1,000 days. This total is 25 million more than the second most subscribed channel. He surpassed Smosh to acquire the most subscribed channel on YouTube on August 15, 2013 but after YouTube Spotlight and PewDiePie surpassed each other twice for the top spot, he now officially holds the title of having the most subscribed channel, having since December 22, 2013.
He has made many collaboration videos with Smosh, such as appearing in several Smosh Games episodes, The End of Christmas (Part 2) (as a Muppet), the Smosh Babies episode Ian's Lost Love and appearing in vlogs by Anthony and Kalel, though none of those vlogs exist anymore.
PewDiePie created his YouTube channel in April 2010. In 2012 PewDiePie's channel began to grow, reaching 1 million subscribers on July 11, 2012 and 2 million subscribers in September 2012. In April 2013, PewDiePie's channel grew to 6 million subscribers, as reported by the New York Times, PewDiePie later won the award for Most Popular Social Show, competing against Jenna Marbles, Smosh, and Toby Turner as well as the Swedish Social Star Award, at the inaugural Starcount Social Stars Awards hosted in Singapore in May 2013. He had also introduced the nominees for Most Popular Game during the live broadcast of the awards show. In June 2013, the channel grew to 8 million, and subsequently 9 million subscribers. Throughout 2012 and 2013, PewDiePie's channel has been one of the fastest growing on YouTube. PewDiePie's playthrough of The Last of Us was documented for leaving the usually vocal gamer, speechless at the ending. In July 2013, he overtook Jenna Marbles as the second most subscribed YouTube channel, and surpassed the leading channel, Smosh, on August 15, 2013. By December 31, 2013, the channel had nearly 20 million subscribers although he had been briefly surpassed by YouTube's own channel throughout November and December of that year for the most subscribed spot. He is now the most subscribed YouTuber with over 56 million subscribers, holding that title for more over 1,000 days and counting.
- Gaming King of the Web - February 1-15, 2013
- Most Popular Social Show - May 2013
- Swedish Social Star Award - May 2013
- Felix has been dating an Italian YouTuber, Marzia Bisognin also known as CutiePie (her online name was not copied from "PewDiePie" as it may seem to many) since they met online in 2011.
- Felix moved to England, United Kingdom in July 2013 along with Marzia. They currently reside in Brighton, East Sussex.
- He calls his subscribers "bros".
- His last name is pronounced (Swedish) "Shell-Beri" with a "hard" R, or (Norwegian, since they resemble each other) "Shell-Berg" also with a "hard" R.
- He spends his down time on the toilet watching Orange is the New Black with Edgar. (his pug)
- He has two pugs called Maya and Edgar.
- He appear in two South Park Season 18 episodes, named "#REHASH" and "#HAPPY HOLOGRAMS".
- PewDiePie has spoken at Nonick Conference 2013.