Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg, better known as PewDiePie, PewDie, Pewds and Poods (born October 24, 1989) is a Swedish YouTuber and video game commentator popularized by his horror-themed and Let's Play videos on YouTube. He is currently the most subscribed channel on YouTube with over 49.1 million subscribers, or "Bros", as he calls them, holding that record for over 1,000 days. He has long surpassed Smosh as the most subscribed channel. He has made many collaboration videos with Smosh, such as appearing in several Smosh Games episodes, The End of Christmas (Part 2) (as a Muppet), the Smosh Babies episode Ian's Lost Love and appearing in vlogs by Anthony and Kalel though most of those vlogs do not exist anymore.
PewDiePie created his YouTube channel in April 2009. In 2012 PewDiePie's channel began to grow, reaching 1 million subscribers on 11 July 2012 and 2 million subscribers in September 2012. In April 2013, PewDiePie's channel grew to 6 million subscribers, as reported by the New York Times, PewDiePie later won the award for Most Popular Social Show, competing against Jenna Marbles, Smosh, and Toby Turner as well as the Swedish Social Star Award, at the inaugural Starcount Social Stars Awards hosted in Singapore in May 2013. He had also introduced the nominees for Most Popular Game during the live broadcast of the awards show. In June 2013, the channel grew to 8 million, and subsequently 9 million subscribers. Throughout 2012 and 2013, PewDiePie's channel has been one of the fastest growing on YouTube. PewDiePie's playthrough of The Last of Us was documented for leaving the usually vocal gamer, speechless at the ending. In July 2013, he overtook Jenna Marbles as the second most subscribed YouTube channel, and surpassed the leading channel, Smosh, on 15 August 2013. By December 31, 2013, the channel reached 20 million subscribers. However, on the following day, PewDiePie was dethroned by YouTube's own channel at the top of the site's subscriber rankings. He has now reclaimed his title for the most subscribed Youtuber with over 49.1 million subscribers holding that title for more over 1,000 days and counting.
Awards Won Edit
- Gaming King of the Web - 1-15 February, 2013
- Most Popular Social Show - May 2013
- Swedish Social Star Award - May 2013
Personal info Edit
- Felix has been dating an Italian YouTuber, Marzia Bisognin also known as CutiePie, (by the way, her online name was not copied from "PewDiePie" as it may seem to many, maybe it's meant to be...) since they met online in 2011.
- Felix moved to England, United Kingdom in July 2013 along with Marzia. They currently reside in Brighton, East Sussex.
- His last name is pronounced (Swedish) "Shell-Beri" with a "hard" R, or (Norwegian, since they resemble each other) "Shell-Berg" also with a "hard" R.
- He spends his down time on the toilet watching Orange is the New Black with Edgar. (his pug)
- He has two pugs called Maya and Edgar.
- He appear in two South Park Season 18 episodes, named "#REHASH" and "#HAPPY HOLOGRAMS".
- PewDiePie has spoken at Nonick Conference 2013.