Thumbnail of Hardcore Max
May 7, 2007
A music video following the adventures of a hardcore kid named Max.
His name is Max and he's goin' to school
He doesn't wear a helmet 'cause he's so cool
He keeps his helmet on his bars
Darts out randomly in front of cars
Talks on his phone while rollin' down the street
He even has a girlfriend, isn't that sweet!?
He hits on chicks even if they're skanky
He smells his pits and they're hella stinky!
Okay, I just need to clarify one motherf***in' thing,
Max is a badass motherf***er!
If you don't f***in' believe me,
Then look at his motherf***in' helmet on his motherf***in' handlebars!
Holy s*** that guy is hardcore!
Oh yeah, and he swears a s***load,
And everyone knows that's f***in' awesome!
What's this? Is this the hardcore part! YEAH! Just like Max!
His name is Max!
He doesn't wear a helmet!
He keeps it on his handlebar!
He's failing all his classes!
And he's only... 10!?
What? I thought he was like 26!
So you're telling me that I wrote this badass song about a 10-year-old!?
You know what? I don't care if he's 10, or 50, or even a friggin' baby!
He's still more hardcore than I'll ever be, and I'm 32!
Wait, Max! Watch out for your helmet!
Max didn't wear his helmet
Now he has suffered a concussion
And he will be in a coma for the next 3 weeks
But it was worth it because
Helmets make you look really geeky
Why do I sound like a bad a rip-off
Of the Red Hot Chili Peppers?
Shut Up! Opening
- "Hey kid, put your helmet on! You don't wanna hurt your little noggin, do ya-SHUT UP!"
Trivia / Goofs
- The song is available on the Smosh album Sexy Album.
- The singer swears excessively near the middle section of the song as a joke, and at the time of the video's release a lot of people were mad at Anthony and Ian for the gratuitous swearing, which went to show how stupid it sounds in real life.
- Anthony composed the song in one night with GarageBand.
- Anthony was glad Ian took Max's role, because Anthony "barely could ride a bike" at that time.
- The footage of Ian riding the bike was recorded using a cameraman that filmed Ian from the passenger seat of Anthony's car as he drove.
- After Max falls off his bike, the song turns into a cover/parody of "By the Way" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, which is commented on at the end.