Food Battle 2016 is a Smosh video released on December 30, 2016 and is the eleventh and possible final installment of the annual Food Battle series. It was announced in the video this had to happen on December 23, 2016.
Anthony's Favorite Food: Pink Frosted Sprinkled Doughnut (Vegan, unlike Ian's).
It starts out as events from the last episode are played.
Then, Ian points out that they cannot both have the same food, but Anthony points out that his is "vegan", and the difference between the two donuts is that screaming animals can be heard from Ian's donut. Ian then says "YOU'RE GOING DOWN, DOOKIE BROWN!" He eats the donut and the title screen appears.
- "The child you just found out you had with your highschool girlfriend that you now have visitation rights with"
- Dabbing Harambe
- Christmas Tree Topper
The child you just found out you had with your high school girlfriend that you now have visitation rights with: Ian's doughnut started crying. Ian : ✓
Anthony spat out his doughnut worrying about his baby boy while watching TV. Anthony : ✓
Clone: Ian talks to his doughnut and tells him to become his clone. Ian puts his doughnut on the ground and Ian's identical clone spawns from it. Ian : ✓
When Anthony tells his doughnut to double as his clone and he puts his doughnut on the couch. It respawns as a weakly Anthony with messy hair holding a gigantic cylindrical pink doughnut with pink frosting smeared on his face. He says "kill me" in a low pitch weakly voice. Anthony screams in horror. Anthony : X
Glue: Ian breaks Anthony's electric guitar so he can use his doughnut to glue it back. Anthony complains but when Ian tries to glue it back, it doesn't work. Ian: X
Anthony's parents (portrayed by Ian and Anthony themselves) were fighting about sex with each other so Anthony threw his doughnut to glue. Instead it bounces off Anthony's dad and he just gets frustrated and tells him to stop. Anthony is still happy since he'll get double Christmas presents next year. Anthony : X
Dabbing Harambe: When Ian tries to be a dabbing Harambe two policemen (Shayne and Keith) come and tells Ian he posted outdated memes multiple times. Ian claims it worked when it didn't. Ian : X
Anthony was trying to tell his doughnut to be a dabbing Harambe but the buzzer sound and the X kept popping up before he got to finish his sentences. Anthony : X X X X X
Christmas Tree Topper: Ian tried placing his doughnut on the top of his Christmas tree but couldn't reach it. So he knocked it over and placed his doughnut. Ian : ✓
Anthony sits on his chair. Ian asked Anthony why he isn't doing the match. Anthony suggested to Ian that they should end food battle because its time for them to grow up. Therefore, he decided to forfeit the whole competition and not start it again. Anthony : No Result (Since Food Battle "ended")
- This is the latest in the year that a Food Battle has been released.
- The reason why it will be uploaded so late is because they wanted to leave it as a mystery, making fans think "they forgot".
- This is the first food battle where in every single challenge, Ian always performs before Anthony.
- This is the second Food Battle where Ian does not have a bowl haircut, the first being Food Battle 2008.
- Anthony's new favorite food is now the Pink Frosted Sprinkled Donut, which is also Ian's favorite food. However, Anthony's donut is vegan.
- This year the fans did not get to vote for Anthony's food. The last time that they did not get to vote was in 2008.
- This is the first time since Food Battle 2012 that Ian does not wear a collared shirt.
- This is the third Food Battle where neither Ian or Anthony wins, the first one being Food Battle 2011, and the second one being Food Battle 2014.
- This is the longest Food Battle.
- This might be the last Food Battle, as Ian and Anthony agree to end the series in the video. However, a short scene after the credits contradicts this theory.
- This was the Food Battle with the least number of challenges, only five.
- This is the second Food battle where someone gets a a checkmark in the first challenge, the first one being Food Battle 2014. In this Food Battle, both of them get a checkmark in the first round.
- Although Ian and Anthony agree to end Food Battle in the video, just before the video ends, a hand is seen grabbing one of the two Pink Frosted Sprinkled Donuts that were dropped on the ground by Ian and Anthony. This could mean that Smosh is not actually ending Food Battle.
- "Barney", whose voice is heard at the end of nearly all Food Battles, appears to kill Ian and Anthony off-screen with a chainsaw before wearing their "scrotes" as jewelry.
- This is the fourth time Ian won more challenges than Anthony, the first was Food Battle 2006, the second was Food Battle 2010 and the third was Food Battle 2012.
- This Food Battle had no deleted challenge.
- The beginning makes "this had to happen" more dramatic as Ian cries when he says "WE FORGOT FOOD BATTLE!!!".
- Anthony brings up the fact that he owns a guitar autographed by Panic! At The Disco's lead singer, Brendon Urie. Urie was previously mentioned in Movie Reboots Suck and EMO HAIR.
- The song Megalovania from the Undertale video game is used.