|Dead or Alive 5|
European cover art
(in partnership with Sega AM2)
|Release Date||September 25, 2012|
|Episodes||1 total; in Dope! or Nope|
|Smosh Games Game Guide|
|Dope! or Nope||Prev: None|
Next: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Lasercorn: " DOA5; it's a fighting game with bikinis! Girls in bikinis! Excellent."
- Jovenshire: "This has to be an amazing game."
- Lasercorn: "I mean, you got fighting, and you got scantily clad women. I don't really see how this game could go wrong."
- Jovenshire: "There's only one way to find out."
- Lasercorn: "Sounds like a formula for success."
Dead or Alive 5 is a fighting game developed by Team Ninja in partnership with Sega AM2 and released by Koei Tecmo simultaneously for the PS3 and Xbox 360 on September 25, 2012. It is the fifth main installment of the Dead or Alive franchise. Three expanded versions were later released: DOA5+, DOA5 Ultimate, and DOA5 Last Round. The game received generally favorable reviews.
DOA5 features characters from Sega's Virtua Fighter and several new gameplay mechanicss. Set two years after the events of DOA4, it tells the interrelating stories of various characters in connection to the new DOA tournament and the continuing hunt for Kasumi's evil clone.