Should all games have a multi-player mode or should certain franchises remain single-player? Multi-player (Sohinki) vs. Single-player (Davis)
- In this day and age, a game that costs $60 should entail more than an 8-10 hour lonely experience.
- The Mass Effect and Elder Scrolls series have great potential for multi-player that hasn't been fulfilled.
- If there is a problem with developing both, then the developers should have two seperate teams that can communicate to give of two versions from the same concept.
- The games that Sohinki brought up are ones where there isn't really a standout hero, more where you are playing as a part of a team already.
- While he agrees that they are overpriced for their replay value, he suggests that instead prices should be lowered on the single-player games.
- When they have to add multi-player, it takes away time and resources from developing the single-player for when you just want to pick a game and not have to worry about having someone else.
- The production teams can't instantly materialize the money to maintain two different teams.
- Having two team working on the same game could still create different tones and could be jarring to players.
Which is more fun? Competitive muti-player (Davis) vs. Co-Op (Jovenshire)
- There is another thinking being for you to overcome rather than an A.I.
- In team-based competitions, you still have that same vibe while attacking the other team(s).
- There is a kinship and general good spirit that can be shared in Co-op play.
- Leaning back to the previous argument, Co-Op is a mode that can be added to traditionally single-player games and so has that aspect opening it to a wider range of games and genres.
Which of these three games is the best? DOTA 2 (Sohinki) vs. Super Smash Bros. (Jovenshire) vs. World of Warcraft (Davis)
- Exciting and fast-paced RTS game
- Almost no luck
- It takes a while to learn, but is rewarding when you finally succeed.
- It gave us a concept that players quietly wanted.
- It had a single-player campaign.
- It offers both Co-op and Competitive fighting.
- Varied and relatively balanced gameplay.
- Plenty of solo content.