Daniel Anthony "Danger" Padilla
September 16, 1987 (age 29)
List of Things Anthony likes:
List of Things Anthony hates:
Daniel Anthony Padilla (pronounced Pa-Dee-Ya) better known only as Anthony Padilla, (born September 16, 1987), is one half of the comedy duo Smosh. He is an American Internet comedian and is one of the two protagonists of the Smosh franchise. He is Ian's best friend and the founder of Smosh Productions. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
Anthony was born in Sacramento, CA. He has two brothers, of which we know one is named Mathew as mentioned in "Anthony's Long Lost Animation." When Anthony was two years old, his parents broke up. His mother has agoraphobia.
From October 10, 2010 to November 2014, Anthony was in a relationship with (and engaged to starting June 29, 2013) YouTuber Kalel Cullen. They announced their split on Thursday, December 4th, 2014. The decision was mutual and the two remained friends for some time even though none of them appeared in any videos together on either of their channels. As of 2016, it can be safely assumed, after a series of social media reveals and unfollows, that they are no longer friends.
In his second Draw My Life he stated that the relationship with Kalel was manipulative and throughout most of it he feels now he was being used. He was walked all over to the point where he asked for her approval on every aspect of his life. His confidence had dropped to rock bottom and he lost who he really was as a person.
He is now dating Miel Bredouw (@mielmonster). They started dating in May 2015. He has decided to keep his romantic life with Miel a bit more private than with Kalel. They do post some vlogs together online but not to the extent that Kalel and him did.
When he was a freshman, Anthony got his driver's license, but he got a car and drove earlier as he used to drop Ian home after school, as mentioned in an episode of Lunchtime with Smosh, as well as in "Draw My Life" video that he did on his personal channel.
He has brown-colored eyes, slightly tan skin, and short dark brown hair with bangs which are often mistaken or made fun of as "emo hair" or an "emo flap". However, in "My New Emo Hair," people actually like his haircut.
Anthony is 5' 11" tall and weighs 158 lbs, according to a tweet from him on June 23, 2013.
Anthony is often shown as smarter, obedient, and more mature than Ian (though their personalities are hardly different) as he often knows much more about the world than Ian does, which is shown throughout Smosh: The Movie. However, he is sometimes childish because he believes that Toy Story is real (which makes Anthony a bit dim-witted and delusional). It is often hard to explain the personality of both Ian and Anthony as they often role-play and vary their attitude.
He is often cheeky as he usually teases Ian around with the Barbershop Pole and he points out small mistakes made by Ian in Lunchtimes, like in "President Evil," he directly corrects Ian when he mistakes a sunrise for a sunset.
Anthony's favorite foods are taquitos, celeries, churros, burritos, red hot chili peppers, rainbow lollipops, egg rolls, giant gummy snakes, rock candies, chocolate-coated bananas, and vegan pink-frosted sprinkled donuts. He likes Disney and the company's films, especially Toy Story.
Anthony is a 1/4 Filipino since his paternal grandmother is from the Philippines, as stated in the episodes "SEXIST BURGER!" (Lunchtime w/ Smosh) ,"ADDICTED TO BREAD!" (Lunchtime w/ Smosh) and "Girlfriend Tag!" ('WatchUsLiveAndStuff', the vlogging channel of Kalel and Anthony). According to "Food Battle 2009," he knows what Donald Trump's old skin and cement tastes like. Anthony is killed many times in the videos and holds the record for most times died (while playing as himself). Anthony has had many girlfriends in the past, but all of them eventually broke up with him. He is known to practice yoga alongside with this unknown "Hot Girl," mentioned in the episode "My Mom's AMAZING Video!". Anthony literally has a crush on Lou Ferrigno, and even wrote a song for him. In "The Future Sucks!", we learn that Anthony will become homeless due to his Celebrehair business (where he follows celebrities to their hair salons, digs through the trash and sells their hair online) failing because of a trend where everyone in Hollywood had their hair permanently removed.
He loves his hair and he sang an entire song about it when he thought he would never have hair again. Anthony is known to have a rather strange attraction to Ian's mother, as seen in "Paranormal Easy Bake Oven," where he want's to make love with her, "Addicted to Selfies", where he want's to marry her, few Food Battles and several IanH videos.
In an interview with NewMedia Rockstars, Anthony had said that he would obviously choose Squirtle as his starter and then Catch a Rattata further to fight the first Gym Leader.
Anthony's favorite guilty pleasure is comic books and graphic novels which was said in the same interview. Anthony mentions that it was extremely embarrassing for him to do the Sexy Anthony photo shoot as he had to dress as a naked Cowboy. Right when they got there, there was this huge group of kids on bicycles and parents who drove by right when he dropped his pants. He was wearing a flesh-colored speedo.
Anthony said that he had no further educational plans and had no idea on what to do with his life until he started to earn money over YouTube. Before earning money there, Anthony would design websites for his friends and earn enough to pay for gas and car insurance.
There is also a mention that he has worse ADHD than Ian in the fake Lunchtime with Smosh "SMOSH FOUND DEAD" extras.
Since late 2013, Anthony has been eating vegan food products. This originally started just as support for Kalel (who also abstains from animal products), but he switched fully in 2014 for health reasons.
Along with Ian, the two made their official acting debut in Smosh: The Movie.
Anthony plays the voice of Hal in The Angry Birds Movie.
Around March of 2017, Anthony partnered with Axe. The partnership will terminate around December 2017.
Anthony has to wear a mouth guard when he goes to sleep because otherwise, he would grind his teeth together. Ian was the first person to notice it because they went on a trip to Hawaii right after they graduated and they were sharing a room with two beds. Ian kept hearing a creaking sound. Anthony has had other dental issues, as when they were preparing for a Food Battle, Anthony chipped his tooth when he was to perform a type of ground stunt. He also chipped a tooth on a plastic figure of Jesus in an episode of Smosh Is Bored; "What's in My Mouth" challenge.
In high school, Anthony was a tennis player, but he left the sport after his partner slammed the racket with no intention up his chin, which made one of his teeth fall out. (see I'M A PIRATE (True Story 3) for more).
AnxietyAnthony suffers from panic attacks, stating in his Draw My Life that his mother had them and believes they are something that is passed down through family. Anthony stated in 2014 that they were more-or-less cured when he started eating more healthily.
Henoch-Schonlein Purpura (HSP)
When he was 15 he was diagnosed with HSP and he was bed and home ridden for four months. This gave him the chance to learn how to code and create a forum to chat with friends, called smosh.com. The HSP has remained dormant ever since.
- Leezah Padilla (mother)
- Unnamed step-father
- Matthew Worrel (half-brother)
- Brandon Worrel (half-brother)
- Sadie Scott (cousin)
- Dan Padilla (Father)
- Unnamed Step-mother
- Unnamed Step-sister
- Anthony voice-acted as Barry, a police officer from "Killing Spree," but he stopped when Samus, the creator of the series, lost contact with him. Anthony was apparently a fan of the series.
- Anthony, along with Ian, was featured in Julian Smith's video "Brag Call " as himself.
- Ian and Anthony guest-starred in "Annoying Orange: The Exploding Orange" as two bananas.
- Anthony was featured in Ryan Higa's "Agents of Secret Stuff" as a high school wrestler named Bryson.
- He was featured in Dave Days' "I Just Held Hands" as Father Anthony.
- Ian and Anthony guest-starred in Rooster Teeth Production's Red vs. Blue: Season 9 as Insurrection soldiers in episodes 3 and 15. He stars again alongside Ian in Season 10 as Insurrection soldiers in episode 2.
- Along with Ian, he guests stars in the react series created by the Fine Bros., "YouTubers React".
- Ian and Anthony have appeared in 3 out of 5 YouTube Rewinds so far (2012, 2013 and 2014).
- Anthony (along with Ian) guest starred in the Ray William Johnson video "RWJ vs Smosh."
- Ian and Anthony both appear in PewDiePie's video of them playing Grand Theft Auto IV, called The Animals are Loose!. They both appear again in PewDiePie's video of them playing Draw My Thing, called Smosh Draws My Thing!.
- Ian and Anthony both appeared in the Freddiew video "Huge Guns."
- Anthony, alongside Ian, appeared in Epic Rap Battles of History's "Artists vs TMNT" as the famous Renaissance Artist, Raphael, while Ian portrayed Renaissance artist Michelangelo. YouTubers Rhett and Link also appeared in this video as Donatello and Leonardo Da Vinci.
- Anthony and Ian also featured on Rhett & Link's Mythical Show (a spin-off of Good Mythical Morning) in May 2013.
- Both Ian and Anthony have shot a video for the latest Just Dance feature called "Dance VIP".
- Ian and Anthony both appeared in a "Nerdy Nummies" 2015 episode with Rosanna Pansino.
- He also appears in The Angry Birds Movie (Along with Ian), Anthony plays the voice of Hal the Green Boomerang Bird
- In 2013, people thought that Anthony died in car accident, but it ended up being just a rumor.
- Ian and Anthony first met in 6th grade science class when they made a project about landfills, and they supposedly drew a lot of feces and flies. He was once suspended in the same grade.
- Anthony despises tomatoes and sour cream for whatever reason. He also hates horseradish dressing, claiming that it is 'worse than sour cream'.
- Anthony is also well known for his animations that he made on Newgrounds in early 2003.
- Sometimes, his name is intentionally spelled as "Anthony Padildo."
- On Facebook, he says that he's a lawyer.
- Anthony's first car was a 1989 Ford Probe. Later on, he has owned a Scion tC.
- Anthony had afro hairstyle when he was at high school. He appeared with afro hair in "THAT'S HOT! "
- When Anthony received his first computer as a child, he says that he watched pornography a lot.
- Some people easily mispronounce Anthony's last name "Padillia."
- Along with Ian, Anthony pretends to die in a lot of Mailtime with Smosh episodes.
- In the umpteen dancing Game Bangs uploaded to Smosh Games, Anthony is shown to vary between being a good dancer and not being a good dancer, he ended up doing the punishment for Just Dance Rematch, Breaking It Down In 2014 and Grease Bang alongside Ian and Dancing with the Star Wars alongside Jovenshire, as well as coming 4th in Just Dance 4 Hilarity! and Don't Stop the Hip Hop. However he came 3rd in The King Of Pop Would Be Proud, You Can't Stop the Motion and Making Music With Our Bodies, and 1st in It's a Game Bang Ho-Down!
- Despite Anthony's claim that he can't sing, he proves in Cover Your Ears, We're Singing that he actually has a somewhat respectable voice.
- Anthony is the only person to win 3 Food Battles in a row; in 2010, 2011, and 2012.
- Anthony used to have a deviated spectrum (which was caused by Ian many years ago due to hitting Anthony with a tennis racket) which meant his nostrils were two different sizes. He had surgery to fix this on 20th December 2013.
- In March 2013, Anthony was interviewed by British radio station BBC Radio 1.
- Anthony abandoned his "emo hair" sometime near the end of 2013. His new hairstyle was first seen in The End of Christmas (Part 1). Fans were devastated by the hair change, and in the BTS for The End of Christmas he read fan's Tweets about their devastation in the BTS video of the episode.
- Anthony's father and Ian's father both appeared in an edition of Lunchtime with Smosh on June 9th 2014, their appearance was revealed in a WatchUsLiveAndStuff video uploaded on 21st May 2014.
- As seen in some Mail Time episodes of Ian is Bored (Now named Smosh is Bored) on Smosh 2nd Channel, Anthony likes the old Nickelodeon show "Invader Zim".
- Anthony and Ian once were invited to host Nickelodeon's AwesomenessTV.
- In Smosh: The Movie, Anthony is seen with a different hairstyle. The hairstyle is never seen in any Smosh videos except the trailers of the movie.
- Anthony no longer has emo hair, but he still takes a shower.
- Anthony voiced a character in their Newgrounds series called Killing Spree but was replaced in Killing Spree VI.
- In Shocking Liar Challenge, Anthony approved that he urinates in shower.
- Anthony is right-handed, as revealed in "Left Handed".